The Hunter Valley Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in The Hunter Valley?
Hunter Valley is a picturesque region in New South Wales, Australia, known for its stunning vineyards, delicious wines, and scenic views. The region is also a popular tourist destination, with plenty of attractions to see and things to do. In this article, we will explore some of the must-visit tourist attractions in and around the region of Hunter Valley.
Wineries and Vineyards
The Hunter Valley is famous for its beautiful vineyards and wine. The region boasts over 150 wineries, each with its unique wine styles, such as Shiraz, Chardonnay, and Semillon. Some of the most popular wineries include:
1. Brokenwood Wines - Brokenwood Wines is one of the most well-known wineries in Hunter Valley, producing premium wines since 1970. Visitors can enjoy a tasting, tour the vineyard, or check out the on-site restaurant.
Contact details: 15-17 McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4998 7559
2. Tyrrell's Wines - Tyrrell's Wines is another prominent winery in Hunter Valley, known for its delicious Semillon. Visitors can enjoy the cellar door tasting or take a tour of the vineyard.
Contact details: 1838 Broke Rd, Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4993 7000
3. Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard - Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard is known for its stunning views and award-winning wines. Visitors can enjoy a tasting, tour the vineyard, or indulge in a cheese platter with a glass of wine.
Contact details: De Beyers Rd, Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4998 7235
4. McGuigan Wines - McGuigan Wines is a popular winery in Hunter Valley, with a range of award-winning wines and a beautiful cellar door. Visitors can enjoy a tasting, tour the vineyard, or attend one of the winery's events.
Contact details: McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4998 4100
Hunter Valley is also home to some of the beautiful national parks in Australia, providing a stunning backdrop for outdoor activities such as hiking, picnicking, and bird-watching. Some of the popular national parks include:
1. Barrington Tops National Park - Barrington Tops National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage-listed park, located about a two-hour drive from Hunter Valley. The park is home to diverse flora and fauna, including several endangered species of birds and animals.
Contact details: Gloucester Tops Road via Thunderbolts Way, Scone NSW 2337, Australia, Phone: +61 2 6540 2300
2. Watagans National Park - Watagans National Park is a beautiful forested park located about an hour's drive from Hunter Valley. The park offers excellent hiking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the Hunter Valley region.
Contact details: Watagans Forest Rd, Cooranbong NSW 2265, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4972 9000
3. Wollemi National Park - Wollemi National Park is located two hours northwest of Sydney, and it is known for its stunning canyons, rock formations, and abundant wildlife. The park is ideal for hiking, camping, and bird-watching.
Contact details: Bells Line of Road, Bilpin NSW 2758, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4567 3000
Gardens and Parks
Hunter Valley is also home to some beautiful gardens and parks, offering a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. Some of the popular parks include:
1. Hunter Valley Gardens - Hunter Valley Gardens is a stunning 60-acre garden, featuring ten themed gardens, including a Japanese Garden, Rose Garden, and Storybook Garden. The gardens offer plenty of activities, including children's playgrounds, and a stunning light display during Christmas.
Contact details: 2090 Broke Rd, Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4998 4000
2. Hunter Wetlands Centre - Hunter Wetlands Centre is a unique park that showcases the diverse wildlife and wetlands of the Hunter Valley region. Visitors can enjoy bird-watching, canoeing, or take a guided tour of the park.
Contact details: 1 Wetlands Pl, Shortland NSW 2307, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4951 6466
3. Maitland Regional Art Gallery - Maitland Regional Art Gallery is a contemporary art gallery that showcases the works of Australian and international artists. The gallery hosts several exhibitions throughout the year and offers workshops, guided tours, and events.
Contact details: 230 High St, Maitland NSW 2320, Australia, Phone: +61 2 4934 9859
Hunter Valley is a region that offers something for everyone, from wine-tasting to hiking, to enjoying stunning views of the national parks and gardens. Whether you're looking for a romantic weekend getaway or a family vacation, Hunter Valley has plenty of attractions that will leave you in awe. Make sure to visit some of these tourist attractions on your next trip to Hunter Valley.
The Hunter Valley Tourism Articles